Children under the age of four are at risk for choking on food. Here are a few tips on how to reduce the risk of choking.
1. Check fish to make sure there are no bones.
2. Slice hot dogs lengthwise into quarters.
3. Hard raw vegetables and fruits can be shredded.
4. Remove the pits from apples, cherries, peaches, plums and other fruits.
5. Do not serve large chunks of food.
6. Cut cherry tomatoes and grapes into quarters.
7. Spread the peanut butter in thin layers.
8. Chop nuts and seeds fine.
9. Avoid popcorn and hard candies.